What to do in case of a ministerial emergency.

"...this is what I did, I said: HELP, HELP, HELP!!',
during worship, it was loud... nobody noticed
...I was desperate...and guess what God did?:
he helped me." Heidi Baker
What do you do when you are leading the worship in a prayer meeting with 14 people, 4 Pastors and a worship leader, and there is absolutely no presence?, your singing is horrible, you even forgot how the songs play, your playing stinks, is a total dry disaster, you think to yourself: "I should have practiced more, I should have prayed before I came to the
prayer meeting"(!?), I usually do.
In retrospective this is what should have been done,
and what was done:
During practice I really felt that I should play a single song, or at least start with this one "Let it Rain".




So as I painfully navigated through Jason Upton and Rita Springer's music, I became very aware that nothing was going on (and that's an understatement), remember that dream were you are naked in a room full of people?, well at least then you could run and get dressed.
What was done, and should have been done since the beginning was this: I started crying asking God to show up (me begging, literally crying): "please show up, I need you, I've made a mess, I need you!" and started to play "Let it rain", then it hit, like a wave, yes God saved the day...again, he came as a fire, people were baptized, curses were broken, His word was prophesied and prayers arose with power...it was great.
The moral of the story if you have one song to sing, by all means stick to it, and don't be ashamed to cry out to God for help in front of whoever might be, that in your weakness
He may be Glorified. Thank you Father.

Popular posts from this blog

how to make worship flags

QR: the mark of the beast?

Amazing Teaching About Dating.